A cat's home is its castle - and every nook and cranny of that castle is potential sleeping real estate. Here's a brief guide to some of the best places for cats to catch some Zs, as told by Amanda (our One Minute Pets cat author). 😀
1. In a sunny spot on the floor! There's nothing we love more than a warm spot to curl up in. If you find us sleeping in a sunny spot on the floor, chances are we're just trying to soak up some rays before someone disturbs us.
2. On top of our cat tree! As cats, our natural instinct is to climb, so it should come as no surprise that many of us love to sleep atop our cat trees. This gives us a vantage point from which to keep an eye on our kingdom (we have to keep an eye on you, our owner, you know).
3. On a windowsill! Cats love to watch the world go by, and a comfy windowsill is a great place because it's not in anyone's path and nobody usually bothers us. Bonus points if there's some warm sunlight streaming in.
4. Underneath furniture! Of course, you've seen pictures of cats peeking out from underneath furniture like beds and couches. This is because we feel safe and secure when we're hidden away in tight spaces. No dogs allowed!
5. In a basket or box! There's just something about being surrounded by four walls that makes us kittys feel cozy and content. If you have a basket or box around your house, chances are one of us has already made a bed or resting place out of it.
6. On your lap! What could be better than being cuddled up on a soft, warm lap? Not much, according to cats! We especially like to lap when you're working on your computer or busy on a special project. Consider yourself lucky <hehe>.
7. Next to you in bed! Many cats like to sleep close to their humans at night, and what better place to do so than right next to you in bed? We will also remind you at 4 AM that our food bowl is low, so get used to it!
8. In their carrier! Believe it or not, some of us actually enjoy sleeping in our carrier - most especially if it's lined with a soft towel or blanket. Personally, I feel restricted in a carrier but some of my cat friends love it. Something about a sense of security and comfort, I believe it is.
9 . On top of the fridge! For some reason, many cats (including me) love sleeping on top of the fridge. Maybe it's because it's nice and warm up there, or maybe they just enjoy being high up off the ground (cats are curious creatures, after all). Ya know we kind of like to be above you where we can see what you're up to.
10. And finally, my personal favorite - right on top of the clothes you put on hangers and set (temporarily) on the side of your bed. And if it's a dark article of clothing...so much the better! Now where is that sticky roller??
So there you have it - 10 of the most popular sleeping spots that we cats love to frequent! Oh hey, if you have a minute our people published an article about the best cat beds...and some of these look really comfy...check it out and send me one if you like! (I graciously accept gifts) 😹😹😹